Design & Technology Teacher
This reputable secondary school located in Enfield are committed to providing a well-rounded education and strive to empower our students with the skills and knowledge necessary for success in the modern world. The school values creativity, innovation, and practical learning experiences, and offer a supportive and inclusive environment for both students and staff.
The successful candidate will have expertise in delivering at least one of the Design & Technology subjects, including Product Design, Graphics, Food and Resistant Materials. As a Design & Technology Teacher, you will have the opportunity to inspire and motivate students to explore their creative potential while developing practical skills.
- Deliver high-quality Design & Technology lessons to students across different year groups, following the curriculum guidelines.
- Engage students in hands-on, practical projects that foster creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Provide guidance and support to students in developing their design ideas using various tools and technologies.
- Create a safe and well-managed workshop environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations.
- Assess student progress through formative and summative assessments, providing constructive feedback to support their growth.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in design, technology, and relevant teaching practices.
- Degree in Design & Technology, Engineering, or a related field
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Some experience teaching Design & Technology to secondary school students, including teaching placements, is preferred
- Expertise in teaching subjects such as Product Design, Graphics, Food and Resistant Materials.
- Proficiency in using design software and equipment relevant to the field.
- Passion for fostering creativity, problem-solving, and innovation in students.
Please include your availability for an interview in your application. We thank all applicants for their interest.