Overseas Teachers: Your Teaching Contract - Bounce Teachers

Overseas Teachers: Your Teaching Contract


We have so many exciting teaching opportunities for you here at Bounce Teachers, but before we find the perfect role for you, it’s important to understand what type of work you are looking for. This may be a long-term contract in one school or substitute teaching (daily ‘supply’ or ‘relief’ teaching) in different schools.

Permanent School Contract

If you’re relocating on the Skilled Worker Visa (formerly the Tier-2 General Work Visa), you’ll immediately be placed on a permanent school contract. You will be put on the school’s payroll system and paid monthly. Your contract will include sick leave, holiday pay and more.

If you start on a long-term contract in a school, you will likely be offered a permanent school contract after either the first academic term or at the end of the academic year.

Long Term Contract

Long term contracts will typically be two terms (six months) or three terms (one academic year) long, depending on what time of year you start teaching with us in London.

Getting Paid with Mainpay

If you’ll be teaching in the UK on either a GPS or Long term contract, we’ll help to set you up with our preferred payroll company, Mainpay. 

We are confident that you will find them very helpful in your financial needs. Feel free to download the information below to find out more about what they offer.

Main Pay Company Information

Main Pay Benefits

Recommended for you

What is the REC Audited Education Accreditation?

One of our proudest accomplishments is our REC Audited Education status. In this blog, we’ll discuss why that

What it Takes to be a Successful Supply Teacher

Whether you are looking for Primary or Secondary School positions, as a daily supply teacher you will always

Why Supply Teaching with Bounce?

Supply teaching opens new doors no matter what stage you’re at in your teaching career. There are a

1 3 4 5